So, my first two days of teaching have been great so far! I love my kids so much already, and we seem to have good class dynamics (so far, at least! :p). I'm feeling like I can do this teaching thing. which is good. :)
They were so cute yesterday when we talked about Olympians Michael Phelps and Sasha Cohen, since we are doing our own Second Grade Olympics next week. They were so interested in the althletes and how they got to be so good. Then this morning we created our class flag, and they were able to work together to decide on a design and we are still coloring it, but it is SO CUTE!!! and they are SO CUTE!! I love them. So much already. Even those that are testing the limits. :)
It was funny, today we had to do so much practicing of procedures, like lining up, taking out supplies, lining up, sitting on the carpet, lining up, writing, lining up. Yesterday they did everything perfectly (probably they were still nervous).
But I think it really is going to be a great year, even though it's a lot of work!
August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
oh yeah! that's so much fun! too bad you can't put pictures up of them but they'll be so cute. =)
Yay Katie!! Those kids are so lucky to have Miss Nichols!
I think you mean "Mrs." Nichols
Post a Comment