August 12, 2010

I'm a Dork

So, apparently I feel it's acceptable to go to the library every stinkin' day to check out more books. My basket is nearly overflowing at this point. . .


BUT I had to get the next book in this series I started reading that is AWESOME! It's called Standing in Holy Places series by Chad Daybell.
This is the first one. It takes place supposedly around 2010 (was written in 06 or so), and all of the last days prophecies in D&C and Revelations are starting to come true. The government is pressing people to get "the chip" in their hands, a tiny microchip that contains all of their financial, personal, medical information and can be tracked via GPS. The prophets have come out strongly against it, and then give notice for the stakes of Zion to move to camps in the mountains, taking enough supplies to live on for at least a year. The Coalition (Russia and China) invades the US, major earthquakes happen, there are famines throughout the land, but the righteous Saints are being blessed by the Lord. The story continues on for these people to build the New Jerusalem in Missouri, and I think in the 4th or 5th one the Second Coming happens (I haven't gotten that far yet. . .other people have checked them out. meh).
It sounds strange. . .but these books are SO GOOD!! It's really interesting to think about and a really, really good story.
Also . . . one of the characters gets to meet one of the 3 Nephites and hold the brass plates brought here by Lehi and Nephi. AWESOME!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Guess What? We know Chad Daybell. He's from Springville. Just thought you might like to know. He's married though, sorry.