Tonight, I'm feeling a little lonely. It's one of those nights that I really wish I had a best friend who's a girl living around here. It's one of those days that everything that could have gone wrong, did. And I wish I was exaggerating.
I've got some things I need to vent to someone. And a real person, not my teddy bear, as comforting as he may be. :)
Ever since I lost my best friend of 6 years, I have yet to make another so-called BFF. I have quite a few friends, and a couple that I talk to frequently, but no girls that I would deem a best friend, someone I can share anything with at any time. You know what? I miss that. I miss that freedom, that bond with someone.
Especially on nights like these, however selfish that sounds.
Okay. Enough pity party for myself. I'm going to play the Pollyanna game to try and cheer myself up.
1. I'm glad there are only 8 more Mondays left of school.
2. I'm glad that 18 of my kiddos understand double and triple digit subtraction.
3. I'm glad bus duty only lasts 1 week.
4. I'm glad that I'm healthy.
5. I'm glad I have a roof over my head. A fairly stable one.
6. I'm glad that I got to see my family last weekend. I love them.
7. I'm glad Megan's coming to BYU.
8. I'm glad that I can check out books from the library.
9. I'm glad for my teddy sometimes. He's snuggly.
10. I'm glad that Cindy gave me one of her super cute clocks. Although I'm still trying to find a place for it.
11. I'm glad that I didn't lose my keys.
12. I'm glad that I am a part of a dinner group.
13. I'm glad that I am getting stronger.
14. I'm glad for pink plaid pajama pants.
15. I'm glad for a pretty homemade flower in a glass bottle on my desk.
16. I'm glad for an awesome picture on my desktop.
17. I'm glad for even cooler pictures on my wall. Oh and my sweet clocks.
18. I'm glad for physical, tangible reminders of things that are gone right now and feel like only a memory.
19. I'm glad for hot chocolate.
20. I'm glad for Jamie's delicious BBQ pork sandwiches.
21. I'm glad for music.
22. I'm glad for running and cleaning; two things that get my mind off anything going on.
Hmmm...helped a little bit. Not as much as I hoped it would, but some. Look, I found 22 things to be glad about, and I feel like I could come up with more with a little bit more time! This is better than spending my evening feeling like a pathetic little girl....even though I totally am.
March 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love you Katie!! and so does Emma, Josh and Coopty-Doop
Post a Comment