April 2, 2011

Songs

I've said in the past that songs "speak" to me. Usually those songs become my favorites, because they mean something to me. Well, the last couple of weeks, a particular song has been my absolute favorite, but I couldn't figure out why. I mean, it has a great message, but it wasn't really that applicable to my life, which was new for me for a favorite song. Until yesterday. This song now has meaning. And is still one of my very favorites. It's Won't Let Go by Rascal Flatts.


It's like a storm that cuts a path.

It breaks your will; it feels like that.

You think you're lost, but you're not lost on your own.

You're not alone.


I will stand by you.

I will help you through.

When you've done all you can do, and you can't cope.

I will dry your eyes

I will fight your fight.

I will hold you tight and I won't let go.


It hurts my heart to see you cry.

I know it's dark, this part of life.

It finds us all and we're too small to stop the rain.


But I will stand by you. I will help you through.

When you've done all you can do, and you can't cope.

I will dry your eyes; I will fight your fight.

I will hold you tight and I won't let you fall.

Don't be afraid to fall.

I'm right here to catch you, I won't let you down.

Won't let you down.

You're gonna make it. I know you can make it.


'Cause I will stand by you. I will help you through.

When you've done all you can do, and you can't cope.

I will dry your eyes; I will fight your fight.

I will hold you tight and I won't let go.

No comments: