November 1, 2010

Walls

Several people in the last couple of days have urged me to guard my heart a lot more carefully - to put up some walls. (A lot of people, actually. . .it's weird).

They're right; I need to.

Problem is, I can't seem to put those walls up. Or at least make them very sturdy. When I do, they're knocked over with something as simple as a sentence. A touch. A look, even. Clearly I am not very good at putting up barriers. Note to self: construction is not the job for me. :)

Can I help it if I just like being around people without any walls up? Walls make me uncomfortable. They make me feel awkward. I don't really know how to act if I have walls up. That's just not me. Not to say that I tell everyone everything, because I don't, but I like just being able to be myself. Around everyone.


For now, an applicable quote from my favorite movie EVER:

"Oh, Reverend Mother, I can't seem to stop saying things - anything I think, or feel!"
"Some people would call that honesty."
"Oh, but it's TERRIBLE, Reverend Mother!"
-Sound of Music

1 comment:

Bethany said...

We need to catch up! And that quote sounds EXACTLY like me. You know that first hand. :)